GLOBAL FAMILY 1ღ COLLABORATING and COCREATING a LOVING,PEACEFUL, JUST and SUSTAINABLE WORLD.

The Power of Vision




by Evita Ochel -

Living Out Dreams Through Conscious and Focused Intention:

Sometimes when we are in the midst of change, we cannot quite grasp the potential, the impact or the grandness of it all. Sometimes, it isn’t until something is “completed” that we look back and marvel at our creation and our creative abilities.

This is a special week for me, as our new home is complete. Those of you who have been readers here on EvolvingBeings.com for a while, know that back in the spring, my husband and I made some drastic changes in our life, and embarked on a new journey.

This included building a home, living closer to nature (more in the wild), in a simpler and more natural way, and taking on an even more peace-filled way of life on all levels.

The last 2 years especially, have seen the most rapid flow of creation for us! Did I always grasp the potential of our creative power? I don’t think so. But fast forward to today and I am in awe of what we have created.

Today, I am free of any official workplace, I am my own boss, I am working my version of the 4-hour work week, I am married to the love of all my lifetimes, we work together from home, living in the middle of nature, in a newly built and custom designed home by us.

Last but not least, I am happy, satisfied and filled with inner peace.

So how did all this happen?

Was I born under a lucky star? Did I fall into favor with the “Gods”? Do I have some wealthy relative funding my endeavors? Did I win the lottery?

No, to all of the above. What has transpired in my life in the past two years, has little to do with external forces, and everything to do with conscious and focused creation. In inspiring more of you, to move towards and live out your own dreams, allow me to share more about my personal “ how”.

A Vision Was Born

I won’t go back too far, but I want to take you on a small journey of how dreams can and do come true. So without sharing the story of how I attracted my first dream job, found my husband and landed in our first dream home together, I will focus on the transformational power of the last 2 years.

When I first started working as a teacher (the job no one generally leaves until retirement), I never considered doing anything else with my life, but teaching.

The furthest I got, was perhaps thinking of one day switching from high school to college teaching. But I thought I was set, secure and that was it, in a perfectly carved out, typical pattern.

So somewhere in the last 3 years, my husband and I allowed various fantasies to pop into our heads.

Key word here is “allowed”

We would think about being free of any workplaces and living life on our own schedules, anywhere we wanted to in the world. This was radical thinking but we did not dismiss it. We entertained it, welcomed it and enjoyed it.

Fall; based on many signs to proceed this way, we put forth the idea that I was going to leave my teaching job, to pursue my passions and creations of being of service to others, on my own terms.

Even though it still seemed like a far reach, I began to talk about it with others as if it was real and I was going through with it. June, the dream manifested.

Late Fall; upon my husband freeing himself up from his employer as well, we began to play with the idea that since we were both ‘free’ from a fixed workplace, we could live wherever we wanted.

After some dreaming and envisioning we were called to nature, and thought we would sell most of our ‘big’ stuff, renovate/put a second floor addition on the cottage we had “up north” and live there.

Winter 2009/2010; we draw a picture on a little notepad of how our new upstairs space would look like. We clip the picture on our fridge and appreciate it with joy and excitement, every time we pass by the fridge. We envision ourselves living there and feeling what it would be like.

February 2010; we meet with contractors to find out that we are not renovating or adding anything. Our option is to build a brand new house from the ground up. On that same notepad, we draw what we want the downstairs and outside of it to look like. We clip in on the fridge. With joy and excitement, we appreciate our creation as if it was already real. We envision ourselves living there and feeling what it would be like.

March 23, 2010; we sell our old house in less than 24 hours. April 22, 2010, construction begins on our new house. August 13th, we move into our new house. This week – September 15, 2010 – our house is officially finished, and looks identical to the little pictures we drew that hung on our fridge.


Living Out Dreams Fully

Sometimes we get everything we want and then some. And what do we do?

While most of the time we do celebrate and enjoy it, sometimes we feel it is so good, too good almost, that we sabotage our happiness.

We do one thing to lose the beauty of the experience – we don’t take the time to enjoy it. Either we deny its fullness, or move right into another creation.

My greatest challenge right now is really becoming one and fully enjoying my creations.

Don’t get me wrong, I appreciated and enjoyed my husband from the first day I met him, to this very second. We are both enjoying and celebrating the creation of our new home and life in nature. But the area I am falling short in, is the “work” area.

In the back of my mind, I hear society’s or perhaps my Ego’s voices: “what are you doing with your life?” – “why haven’t you written a book yet?” – “why aren’t you doing more speaking engagements?” – “why aren’t you working towards higher traffic on the site?” – “you are letting your education/talents/gifts go to waste” – and a few other things…

I sometimes forget that I have the freedom to ‘be‘ and ‘do‘ whatever I want. 

My husband and I have not attained financial freedom according to society’s standards but the way we structured our life is to tread lightly on monetary and material objects – needing nothing – and having everything we need – and enjoy – in the moment of now.

We all want various forms of freedom but should it come, we almost feel guilty about it. This is something I have finally decided to face and truly merge with, to be one with my dream of freedom.

To focus on “being” and my “personal creative expression” when and how my being chooses, on my own terms, not society’s often confining and unnatural ways.

We Are Not Done Dreaming…or Creating

Having gotten to this point by no means indicates that this is it – that we are done dreaming or creating. Our life is a constant and never-ending creation.

It is never done, whether we are in the physical or the spiritual, for we are forever ‘evolving beings‘. So what is next for us? For now simply to take some time, to just sit back, enjoy and take in our creations thus far.

Markus will continue moving more towards working on his own projects, while I will continue building my confidence in that I do not need to be “doing” something, that is defined by society as having enough value, status or worth.

Learning “how to be” is perhaps one of the greatest “jobs” we can ever have, and one at which, most of us are failing. I want to learn how to integrate myself more with nature and the oneness that connects us all.

Another big dream of ours is to find ways and means to empower others to make their own dreams come true – to find their own abundance of love and inner peace, that we each so much deserve.

We love traveling to nature-filled, warm and exotic places, so we will continue little spurts of creation by putting together new trip ideas.

Will I write a book? Will I go on my own tour of speaking to audiences across the world? I don’t know. I haven’t decided with enough focus or intention how I want that to play out yet.

I know I love writing and sharing with all of you here and growing this space into an authentic, spiritually expanding space for all – to continue to reach those who would benefit from hearing what is shared here.

For those of you wondering if we are planning on any other “additions” to our life (hint, hint), we don’t know that yet either. But if we choose to, we will definitely approach it with some serious focus and intention.

Conclusion

So in the end, this sharing of my personal life is in no way meant to elicit any kind of envy or further yet jealousy or meant as any form of bragging. It is simply meant to serve as an example and perhaps inspiration, that everyday, dreams can and do come true.

That we are the creators of our lives. That life need not be “hard” or full of “suffering” to get something “good” or just because. That I am no different, no more or less special than you and that whatever one can manifest or create, so can any other.

We all have our personal dreams and goals. Find yours and live them out.

All it truly takes is to have a vision of knowing what you want, sticking to it through conscious focus and intention and being flexible with the creative process along the way.

Additionally, to also be open to the Universe’s delightful surprises for you, to continue to further your personal growth and soul evolution.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

RECENT POSTS