GLOBAL FAMILY 1ღ COLLABORATING and COCREATING a LOVING,PEACEFUL, JUST and SUSTAINABLE WORLD.

Unsolvable Illusions?



by Becca Lewis -

Once in a while it hits me. Life is simple, we make it complicated, and then I forget and make it complicated again. But in those brief shining moments it is brilliantly evident that what we know and experience is all perception and that the answer to everything lies in this premise.

The problem, of course, is not only do we forget this simple fact, but also that there are those whose desire is to manipulate or confuse us, and we forget that too.

My sister sent me a math riddle that appeared freaky and impossible. I couldn’t figure it out until I did what I remind myself to always do,
“Shift your perception and begin with a different premise.” 
When I did that, the answer was obvious. The intention of the riddle was to confuse.

It started with a perfectly logical premise and one that was easy to accept. But in that premise there was no answer - ever - because the premise began with an error.

When I shifted my premise, the answer was immediately evident.


The worldview is exactly like that. It begins with a premise that appears perfectly logical. It’s a premise that we easily accept.

 In fact, our five senses tell us that it’s true. Within that premise we search and search for answers. We read books, talk to friends, get counseling, let it go, have faith – but none of these methods provide an answer that works for long because they begin with a premise that is an illusion.

There will never, ever, be a correct answer to an illusion.

When we begin with the correct premise, the answer is easy.

I was working on some writing that required me to copy what I had written on one piece of paper to another. I copied and pasted and saw nothing. In the past I would have assumed that I didn’t copy and paste correctly. I would have spent some time being confused and probably irritated at the problem.

This time I paused. I started with the premise that I had copied and pasted correctly. I highlighted the area on the page that I had pasted into and chose black for the text. “Magically” it appeared. It was always there. It was simply that I had pasted white to white so it was invisible to my eyes.

During a rescue attempt in the first Star Trek Episode, “The Menagerie,” the crew tries to blast through a mountain with their phasers.

Nothing happens, so they attempt many other means of rescue without success. Finally, Spock and Captain Kirk realize that the Talosians, the inhabitants of the planet, are masters at creating illusions. Kirk and Spock begin again with the correct premise that their phasers DO work.

Without additional effort, the illusion of the untouched mountain dissolves revealing the hole in the mountain that had been there all along. It’s that simple really.

The premise determines what we perceive as the outcome. 

 What premise do we begin with when attempting to discover an answer or dissolve a problem? If we begin with the premise that the worldview is correct and that our senses report the truth, we will never see the Truth and what is already present.

It is a lot less work to begin with the correct premise and let it reveal the answer than it is to try and make something work inside of an illusion.  The great teacher Christ Jesus has told us all,
“Ye shall know the Truth and the Truth shall make you free.” 
 Hum. Doesn’t that sound like the idea if we begin with the Truth – the correct premise – that it dissolves the prison of the worldview, without effort?

The effort belongs to the shift of perception. The effort belongs to the letting go of false premises. The effort belongs to giving up personal preferences and ego. 

Once that is done, the work is over and what already is in abundance is ours to be and enjoy.

Let’s celebrate together that the illusion has been revealed and all that is asked of us is to let it go and live in Truth.

4 comments:

  1. The first line really struck me. We complicate our lives by doing things we aren't supposed to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fascinating perspective of view.
    You have a stunningly interesting mind.

    To my own perception - why there should be an effort in anything at all? Just relax and take - it's all there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have to learn how to successfully skew reality...

    ReplyDelete

RECENT POSTS