GLOBAL FAMILY 1ღ COLLABORATING and COCREATING a LOVING,PEACEFUL, JUST and SUSTAINABLE WORLD.

Benefits of Patience




by Ann Albers -

I passed a "Don't Walk" signal today - you know the kind with a red hand for don't walk and a green hand that signals when you can cross the intersection. However, this one was different - it actually had a counter, counting down the seconds until you could cross the street. I thought to myself, "Good grief! We have become so impatient in our society that we have to know the number of the seconds until we can cross the street."

What happened to taking time to smell the roses, appreciate the blue sky or spend time in some quiet contemplation. What happened to time spent talking to friends?

Why do our to do lists become so almighty important that we forget what truly is?

I have been working very hard the past several years to appreciate each moment I get rather than rushing to the next. And still I am learning that.

Instead of bemoaning the things I have to do and rushing through them so I can get to what I want to do, I'm learning to look for the opportunity in all things.

Patience and Gratitude

On the way home from tai chi, my car told me it needed its oil and air filter changed. Technically speaking, Zippy, my car angel told me. I'm no mechanic but when Zippy talks, I listen. So off to the repair shop I went and it turns out that it was a good thing I did. Sitting there waiting for my car to get fixed, I had a blast.

I've been eating so well that the free coffee and chocolate doughnuts were a real treat. Then, miraculously, class material for Heaven and Earth began to pour into my head and since the angels had suggested I bring a notebook and pen, I captured it. Next I had time to meditate and there in a waiting area, surrounded by people, cars, and you name it, I slipped into bliss.

Two hours later I had the energy rush of a lifetime.

Something in me popped and heat like fire flamed through my entire body. It felt AMAZING. This was the rush of God energy I've been waiting for to move through old gunk stored in my body. I laid down immediately and let it run through me.

My knees were so weak I couldn't walk. When the heat finally subsided, I downed half a can of Pringles, a banana, some Emergen-C, a quesadilla and dark chocolate, which felt wonderful - earlier I had wondered and wondered why I hadn't been able to think of lunch. It grounded me.

I am convinced it was embracing the time in the car repair shop, with both patience and gratitude that gave me the opportunity to allow God's energy to move within me.

I have learned over and over and over again to let go and let God manage my time.

I am STILL learning to embrace each moment more fully without rushing to the next. I still have an old habit of letting my mind get ahead of my 'now.' But with practice, each day it gets easier to embrace what is in front of me - to say this is what IS now and this is what I can make of it.

Patience, which used to be the bane of my existence is becoming a dear friend.

Patience Brings Blessings

Message from the Angels

Be patient with yourselves. You want so very much and this is wonderful for it is the very nature of the soul to want to grow, expand and learn from new experiences. And yet as surely as a rose must patiently await the season to bloom, so you too must allow God time to work with the universe to bring all the forces required into alignment to make your dreams come true.

There are times when you are called to wait for a reason. 

  • Perhaps you want something such as money to calm your fears but God wants you to learn that eternal security rests in trusting the Divine light within yourself. 


  • Perhaps you will have to dig deep into your spirit to find gifts and talents you have been wanting to bring to the surface. 


  • Perhaps you will learn to live with less material pleasures so you can focus on what is truly missing in your lives and begin to pray for that to come about.

Imagine a two year old throwing tantrums because he wants a cookie, all the while his mother has the most beautiful meal and the most delicious dessert awaiting him. He doesn't know this and so he insists he gets his cookie now... and yet patience proves to be the best course, allowing him greater pleasure than the 'quick hit' provided by the cookie.

Lessons that Patience Brings

So too, God dreams dreams for your soul that are grander than you can imagine and sometimes you will wait for your heart's desires to come about, not because you cannot create them instantly but more often because there is something greater awaiting you if you learn the lessons that patience brings.

So if you want something or some change or some situation in your life, by all means intend it, pray for it, and ask that you receive this or better.

Then, in the process of awaiting guidance, live your lives. 

Drop into your hearts and see what you want to do now, in this moment, given the resources, time and people in front of you.

These baby steps of living right now, in each moment, using what you have in front of you and giving thanks for that will increase not only your joy in life but also your capacity to appreciate and value even more.


visionsofheaven.com

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

RECENT POSTS