GLOBAL FAMILY 1ღ COLLABORATING and COCREATING a LOVING,PEACEFUL, JUST and SUSTAINABLE WORLD.

What REALLY Happens When Two or More Agree?



by Catherine Nagle -

Do we really know the tremendous power behind the words, "when two or more agree?" And are we willing to take responsibility for the part we might be playing?

In my opinion, when we're not taking our conversation to the 'heart on the matter', a simple response of casually agreeing has the power to separate a family, harm or neglect a child or even bring down an establishment. 

I've seen it happen right before my eyes! And I'm sure you have, too.

Sadly, this careless, half-conscious assent is excused as keeping peace and minding one's own business.
  • Are we really minding our own business? 
  • Are we close-minded to taking the time and listening with love to what someone might be sharing with us? 
If you think you might be missing the big picture:

Ask yourself the following questions that could possibly influence the outcome of someone's life, including your own:
  • Are we sometimes uncomfortable about what people are telling us and rather than saying so, we listen without complaint rather than say what we're really feeling just not to make waves? 
  • Might we be allowing a wrong to take place by not speaking up? 
An example might be when someone complains about their spouse's behavior and nearly everyone in the room says, "I wouldn't take that!" Or, "You are deserving of so much more!" Or, "You deserve to be happy!"

Meanwhile, everyone knows that this complaining person has already set their eyes on a new horizon.

They now have support and encouragement from the whole group or audience, which makes it so much easier to decide to separate from their spouse. 

I believe that this is exactly what happens when we fail to speak up in any conversations that we don't feel quite right about or disagree with the general consensus. 

We've all had that gut feeling that we might have brought about a positive result if only we had defended someone we know to be a kind-hearted soul who was unjustly criticized.

The good news is that moment of power when we can bring truth and love back to the conversation is NOW. 

This takes us being honest for the sake of everyone involved. 

This is what I believe brings us health and happiness. Because the same thing applies when we are in agreement over a conversation.

This is the powerful moment of joy we've all been waiting for; one that actually helps others to thrive. 

After all, love is contagious! 

When two or more agree becomes clearer to me these days in reflecting on both the blessings and the mistakes of the past and how we can start choosing only loving thoughts. 

We don't have to be professional therapists to make a difference. All we need is a fearless heart and a vision of what wonders a loving family or situation might bring.

My mother, who raised 17 children, was the kindest person that I know. She wasn't afraid to put any one of us in our place when we shared our ideas.

She made sure we 'carefully examined our hearts over any situation before speaking our minds'. I often heard her express puzzlement when overhearing something that just didn't sit right with her. 

In those instances, she was careful not to agree with any opinions expressed until she thought it through. She knew it was too important to simply go along with whatever was being said; this kind of careful consideration ruled her life. 

Through this practice, she maintained a happy home life with a houseful of happy children and a husband who adored her.

We were a family because she understood what it took to make a loving family, especially one where children were in the picture!

These days it seems as though everyone is sharing their ideas and thoughts in every way, including via social media; the world is eager to respond, regardless of who is affected and whether what's said is right or wrong. 

Sadly, we all have to suffer the consequences of such carelessness.

This is the reason I pray for a more understanding and fearless heart; that I might have my mother's wisdom and love and be able to continue her sacred rule of careful, thoughtful agreement. 

Once, a very long time ago, I spoke with a wonderful therapist who introduced me to the tremendous power of choice, something that also worked wonders for my life. 

This is a paragraph from Imprinted Wisdom: 
"The therapist explained that traumas like mine change people and that there were two ways to live through these kinds of devastating losses: I could choose love and become softer towards life and its challenges or I could choose anger and by doing so, become bitter and hardened. She said it was my choice."
Dr. Janet Windra's professional advice continues to guide my choice of words in my daily conversations by keeping an open heart, which for me means to agree only where love touches every direction. 

My past experiences have shown me how responding with love or fear affects my life. 

This means that for me, it is imperative to take the extra time and listen with your heart before agreeing on any opinion expressed and to express myself only with words of love for everyone and everything, since this will become our truth in the end.




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

RECENT POSTS