GLOBAL FAMILY 1ღ COLLABORATING and COCREATING a LOVING,PEACEFUL, JUST and SUSTAINABLE WORLD.

Embracing Empathy



Many intuitive and psychic healers have the gift of empathy or clairsentience. This is an intuitive ability that allows one to feel what other people are feeling emotionally and physically.

Illness and disease is often caused by emotional blocks that stop the flow of vital energy in the body. Intuitive healers who are empathic can feel the root cause of an emotional or physical imbalance and what is necessary to correct it.

Most people go through life cut off from their feelings as a coping strategy to get through the demands of day-to-day life.

We have become cut off from nature, from each other and even from our own bodies. This disconnection is creating disease and disorder within our lives, our communities and our world.

As an empath, you are able to feel what other people feel, and what they are avoiding feeling. 

You have the natural ability to be an intuitive or psychic healer or to be a counselor, massage therapist, physiotherapist or even a doctor.

Our healthcare system would be infinitely better if our doctors and nurses were more in tune with listening to their own intuition and connecting with their patients with empathy. 

Most healers and caregivers are drawn into the healing and healthcare field out of a deep compassion to help people heal their suffering, but the current educational system in these fields often trains this out of them, taking them out of their heart and into their head to do everything "by the book".

We would all be much healthier if we learned to listen to our feelings and trust our emotions but most people are afraid to feel, so they become numb. 

These feelings and emotions do not just go away or disappear, they get stored in various parts of the body where they create energy blocks that eventually turn into physical pain and disease.

Our society does not encourage us to feel, making us believe that showing emotions is somehow a sign of weakness.

We are taught from an early age not to be a "cry baby", and not to let anyone see how we really feel.

Crying actually releases toxins and toxic energy from the body and if we all allowed ourselves to release our emotions as they arise, we would free ourselves from a great deal of stress, tension, and disharmony, promoting health and wellbeing physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

As an empathic person, stopping yourself from feeling is very dangerous. 

I personally understand this very well. I am also an empath, and as a child growing up in New York City, I was constantly picking up on everyone's emotions all around me.

My parents were also going through a divorce when I was seven, and the pain in our household was often too much to bear. 

Whenever I tried to address these feelings, everyone around me was usually in denial, which caused me a great deal of pain and confusion. 

Their response to this was to tell me that I was simply "too sensitive", as if this was some kind of disease that they had to stay away from or else they would somehow risk catching it.

This left me very lonely and isolated throughout much of my life and I learned to cope by becoming completely numb from the neck down, and living entirely in my head.

I also reached for food as a drug to further numb my feelings, which many sensitive and empathic people do, especially children.

I can tell you that numbness is not a good solution. Stopping yourself from feeling other people's pain and even your own, also stops you from being able to feel joy or pleasure.

It also stops the flow of intuitive energy and abundance in your life. If your hands have become numb it is an indication that you are blocking and stopping your natural healing gifts.

Most natural healers have energy flowing through their hands that either makes their hands vibrate or get very hot. This energy must be released and discharged by helping others to heal in some form.

The best way to embrace this gift is to find a way to work with it as a career. 

Empaths have a profound ability to help others because they understand people at the deepest levels.

I have found that my gift of empathy allows me to connect with others in way that makes them feel safe to go through profound healing and transformation in a very short amount of time. 

Because I can empathically feel where the blocks and problem areas are in a person's life or physical body, I can use my empathic gifts as a shortcut to healing on all levels.

I have found that the key is to protect myself by surrounding myself with a bubble of light at all times. 

This gives me my personal space and boundaries of protection.

It can be a burden and be somewhat depressing at times to feel the weight of other people's feelings but surrounding yourself in the light of love will protect you from the darkness. 

Also, I make an affirmation that I receive only the information that is for the highest and best good of all for me to know and I am protected from all else.

Yes, it can be painful and challenging to feel other people's pain, fear and suffering but the rewards of using this empathic gift to help them heal these issues far outweighs the personal discomfort.

You cannot really cut yourself off from being an empath; it can either be a great gift or a terrible curse depending on how you deal with it.

Ultimately, compassion and empathy are the greatest form of love because they allow you to deeply connect with others in order to help them heal their pain. This is the Universe's gift to you and your gift to others.


askgrace.com



Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. I feel others pain to such a degree it really affects my day to day living. I presumed it was just one of those things and I was really a weak person but this helps me feel better about it all x

    ReplyDelete

RECENT POSTS